Soundmax Driver RRS feed

• Question

• I have NO sound...everything is hooked up...SoundMAX is what I have installed but it says I have no drivers installed so I went to reinstall driver and picked a specific location that I searched and found and it tells me....SoundMAX hasnt passed Windows Logo testing...I continue anyway but then copy error pops up and says Setup cannot copy the file senfilt.sys. to ensure the location specified below is correct or install disk...I do not know what disk to insert so I continue copying then Setup cannot copy the file smwdmif.dll pops up I say continue then copy error comes up cannot copy the file smax4pnp.exe...etc  PLEASE HELP

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please confirm your audio card’s model and go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver for it.

·         Also, I suggest installing the driver as below:

Reinstall driver

==============

1. Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

2. Double click to expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

3. Right click your sound card and click Uninstall.

4. Check "Delete driver software for this device" check box, click OK.

5. Restart the computer

If the issue persists, install the built-in driver as below:

Install built-in driver

==========================

1. Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.

2. Find out your sound device.

3. Right click on it and click Update Driver Software…

4. Select the "Browse my computer for driver software".

5. Check "Include subfolder" box, and click Browse…

6. Browse to C:\windows folder, and click OK.

7. Click Next.

You can go to perform update to check our issue.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 1, 2010 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:52 AM