How to set a property when updating the deployment share RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to set the value of a property when I either update the deployment share or create the media.  It doesn't really matter which time.  I understand I can define the property in the CustomSettings.ini or bootstrap.ini file and that it should be accessible as a global property.  And I've seen many examples of updating the values of properties during deployment.  But this is not what I want.

I want to keep track of an actual build run and increment it every time I update the deployment share.  I'm not sure if there is already a property that has this info but so far I have not found anything.

1) Is there a build property that already exists?

2) How can I automate updating a property at build time, not deployment time?

Friday, January 18, 2019 10:40 PM

All replies

• 1) Is there a build property that already exists?

2) How can I automate updating a property at build time, not deployment time?

1) No

2) You'll have to create a one-off solution for this.  There is nothing built-in to do this.

I'm not authoritative, but I know MDT really well. I have never seen anything like this, nor do I know of a way to accomplish what you want.

Normally, you only need to update the deployment share when upgrading MDT, ADK, or adding drivers needed by WinPE.  None of those things affects the final Windows image deployed, so change control on the deployment wim/iso doesn't really exist.

If you are trying to accomplish change control of the deployments, you should use task sequences and selection profiles.

Maybe rethink what you are trying to accomplish.  Maybe you can accomplish it some other way because MDT doesn't do the thing you want in the way you described.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

-Tony

Saturday, February 2, 2019 6:42 AM