Upgrade from version 7.0.5244.0 is not supported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Someone tested (we´re not in the TAP) to upgrade from SCSM Beta2 Upgrade to SCSM RC version? I keep getting an "Upgrade from version 7.0.5244.0 is not supported". I know that it is not supported but read that it should not be any technical limitations?

Regards,
    E.Osorio
    eo
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:53 AM

Answers

• Yes.  Since only TAP customers in production are supported to upgrade the hotfix has been made available only to TAP/RDP customers.  Please install a clean installation of the RC build.
    Travis Wright Senior Program Manager Lead Microsoft
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:36 AM
  • OK - look for it on Connect later today.
    • Marked as answer by E.O Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:37 PM

All replies

• We're in the TAP and were advised to delay our deployment a few weeks and go straight to a fresh RC build as upgrading from Beta 2 to RC is a world of pain, I'm guessing you should probably do the same.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 12:33 PM
  • HI, and thank you for the answer. I´m not sure that we will get any updates to the RC Build since we are "only" in the RDP program :-)

Regards,
    E.Osorio
    eo
    Friday, March 5, 2010 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Did you apply SCSM Build 5244 Hotfix Bundle before running upgrade? You can find them on Connect Download page - https://connect.microsoft.com/site446/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=26733.

Thanks,
    Oleksandr
    Friday, March 5, 2010 7:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Oleksandr,

I cannot open the link that you provided, it says that the link is not working or i dont have permission to view the content. Is this hotfix for TAP customers only?

We are in the RDP program but i cannot find any hotfix bundle in the download section of the connect site?

Thanks!

Regards,
    E.Osorio
    eo
    Monday, March 8, 2010 9:13 AM
  • Yes.  Since only TAP customers in production are supported to upgrade the hotfix has been made available only to TAP/RDP customers.  Please install a clean installation of the RC build.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:36 AM
  • Travis,

E.Osorio mentioned that he is in the RDP(as are we) and cannot get the hotfix(neither can we), but take a look at your response:

"Yes.  Since only TAP customers in production are supported to upgrade the hotfix has been made available only to TAP/RDP customers.  Please install a clean installation of the RC build."

Notice how you mention that the hotfix IS available to TAP/RDP customers? Do you really mean that, or do you mean that it is only available to TAP customers? If it is available for RDP customers how do we get it since the link doesn't work, even when signed into connect?

bb
    bb
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:23 PM

• We would very much like to get the hotfix, with or without support, if possible. Since we wont go into production until RTM version we would like to just do a quick upgrade to see and feel the new version. If the system breaks down we´ll just reinstall it.

Regards,
    E.Osorio

eo
    • Unmarked as answer by E.O Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:16 PM
  • OK - look for it on Connect later today.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:37 PM
  • Travis,

Been looking, but haven't seen it. The link above still results in an error. Is there somewhere else we should be able to find this?

bb
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:17 PM
  • Sorry, we're still working on it..  Keep checking... :)
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:52 PM

• We will! Thank you.

Regards,
    E.Osorio

eo
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:52 AM
  • Travis,

Any progress? Still don't see it...

Thanks for trying!
    bb
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:05 PM
  • It's up there for RDP as of 3/19/2010:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SystemCenterCommunity/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=27523

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:25 AM