none
Migrate Win10 Home on ideapad 110-15isk to virtualbox on same machine

Question

• I want run my windows 10 home in a virtualbox on my laptop instead of dual booting it, but the product ID starts 00 for my Windows 10 Home product key that came with the laptop. When I setup the virtualbox and try to use that key for installing windows 10 Home it says 0 is not valid in a product key. How do i migrate the license to the virtualbox install. Sine it's the same hardware running it and it can only run one copy it's with in the license terms!
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Josh Douglass,

I guess your Windows 10 Home is built in your PC, i.e. it is pre-installed in your laptop. (It's OEM license)
    If my guess is correct, I'm afraid it would be impossible or prohibited to migrate the product ID from a physical machine to a virtual machine, because your product ID is just for your laptop (physical machine), instead of another one (virtual machine).

If you want to make a virtual machine of Windows 10, please buy another license.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

One product key just for one system. So we need to buy another retail product key to active your Vitural machine.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:59 AM