Sticky Notes broken RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When my computer did the anniversary update sticky notes broke. I understand this has happened to many people, except that my file appears to have been deleted altogether and/or corrupt. Here's what I have so far:

- Sticky notes cannot be opened from the taskbar (the icon isn't even there, but if you hover over the blank space it says "sticky notes")

- When I search the C: drive for sticky notes, stikynot, stickynot.exe, etc. there are no results

- The icon for sticky notes in the start menu looks like a white piece of paper with a folded corner

I'm really upset that my notes are gone because I had some important information written down on them. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it :)

Monday, October 17, 2016 1:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, I need to tell you that the starting with the Anniversary release, Sticky Note is changed as a Windows Store app instead of desktop.  Thus you couldn't search it in the C:\ with name " sticky notes, stikynot, stickynot.exe" etc.

On my Windows 10 1067 build computer, it works fine.

I suggest you check and install all available Windows updates. The latest build is 14393.321. All updates list, please refer to the article below:

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

If it cannot resolve your issue, please run the following command in the PowerShell with Admin to re-register all apps:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:02 AM