Skype for Business App and missed conversations RRS feed

• Question

• If you are using Skype for Business client on a PC and on the app on a smartphone the missed conversation count on the Skype for Business smartphone app does not reduce if you read the same missed conversation from the Skype for business client on a PC.

My query is whether this behaviour is as per Microsoft Skype for Business App design or is there a way to sync the Smartphone App so that if a missed conversion is read on the Skype for Business client on a PC the missed conversation counts updates accordingly on the app.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:27 PM

All replies

• If you are using Skype for Business client on a PC and on the app on a smartphone the missed conversation count on the Skype for Business smartphone app does not reduce if you read the same missed conversation from the Skype for business client on a PC.

My query is whether this behaviour is as per Microsoft Skype for Business App design or is there a way to sync the Smartphone App so that if a missed conversion is read on the Skype for Business client on a PC the missed conversation counts updates accordingly on the app.

Hi Ryan,

Did you enable server side conversation? 

check your client policy with get-csclientpolicy. If not turned on do

Get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global |Set-CsClientPolicy -EnableServerConversationHistory $true

Second step:

Do a get-csconversationhistoryconfiguration and check if enableserverconversationhistory is enabled.

Set-CsConversationHistoryConfiguration -Identity “Global” -EnableServerConversationHistory $True

Third step:

do a get-csmobilitypolicy and check if allowsaveimhistory is set to true.

Set-CsMobilityPolicy -AllowSaveIMHistory $true

Also verify if exchange connection is correctly setup.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by Er-D Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

I have test it on the my lab ,when you read the miss conversation with SFB client on PC, the count of miss conversation will not decrease with SFB mobile app on a iPhone. If you want to decrease the count, you need to open the SFB app and read the miss conversation again.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:10 AM