With Windows 10 and 8 the Chess Titan's Board won't hold it's rotation RRS feed

• Question

• With Window's 7 I liked to rotate the Chess Titan's board upward (by right clicking) for a more 3-D and life-like look.  When I  do this with Windows 8 and 10 the board won't hold the rotation and keeps returning to that largely overhead position.

Can this be fixed?

I really LOVE this game by the way!

UPDATE: Progress; I've found upon pressing the "Alt" key immediately after releasing the right-click mouse button which rotates the board into the position that I prefer the board will hold that position, rather than quickly falling back into the "start" position.  The problem is (or remains much the same) when I then click on the board in any way it does return to the "start" position.  Does anyone have any insights?

Putting the board in a more level, 3 dimensional, and lifelike position really does considerably enhance enjoyment of the games for me.

UPDATE 2: Hi Michael.  I discovered another curious and somewhat fascinating fact: I discovered there's now an alternate version of Chess Titans on my start menu called Media Chess Titans. (I'm assuming it came with the regular updates.)   It is basically and virtually the same game as far as the important details are concerned.  However, it has slightly different graphics and features.  The one important difference, as far as I'm concerned anyway, is when I use the right click mouse button on Media Chess Titans, rather than rotate the board as it did on Chess Titans, it brings up the options menu.  Lol, you may know all this anyway, but I thought I'd report it.

Update 3: Eureka!  "Problem" solved!  Simply by un-checking "Rotate board back after free veiw" on the Chess Titans (as opposed to the Media Chess Titans)  Options menu, after rotating the board into the desired position by right clicking on the mouse, the board will hold the desired position-duh!  I feel more than a little stupid.

However, I DO love this game all the more!  Thanks for your patience.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:25 PM Relocated
    • Edited by KtoQ Sunday, August 30, 2015 2:06 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 3:51 AM

Answers

• Hi KtoQ,

Glad to hear that you like the games.

And thanks for the update and your sharing about the issue here.

Based on the experiences, the bahavior seems to be by design.

I will keep a further research on this, and if any helpful points, I will update here.

Quoted from KtoQ:

Update 3: Eureka!  "Problem" solved!  Simply by un-checking "Rotate board back after free veiw" on the Chess Titans (as opposed to the Media Chess Titans)  Options menu, after rotating the board into the desired position by right clicking on the mouse, the board will hold the desired position-duh!  

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by KtoQ Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:26 AM
    • Edited by Michael_LS Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:17 AM