Storage pool rebalance does not make it symmetrical. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I created a 3-node WSFC and created a 2-way mirror shared volume with Storage Space Direct(S2D).
    At that time, the used capacities of each physical disk were almost symmetrical.

Enable-ClusterS2D -AutoConfig $False

New-StoragePool -FriendlyName "S2D" -PhysicalDisks (Get-PhysicalDisk | ? CanPool -EQ $True) -StorageSubSystemUniqueId (Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster*).UniqueId -WriteCacheSizeDefault 0

New-Volume -FriendlyName "Volume1" -FileSystem CSVFS_NTFS -StoragePoolFriendlyName "S2D" -UseMaximumSize -ResillencySettingName Mirror -NumberOfColums 1

Then I added 1 node to the cluster and added physical disks to the S2D storage pool.

Add-PhysicalDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "S2D"-PhysicalDisks (Get-PhysicalDisk | ? CanPool -EQ $True)

Optimize-StoragePool -FriendlyName "S2D"

After completing the Optimize-StoragePool, when I check the used capacity of the physical disk,
     it is not symmetric, so I cannot add all the capacity of the added physical disk to the volume.

How can I add all the capacity of the added physical disk to the shared volume?

Regards.

• Edited by 840 Bamboo Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Bamboo,

I have already see your thread, in fact, for deep research on the , I advise open a support ticket with Microsoft. There are best resources can help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hub/4343728/support-for-business

On forum platform, we can do limited for you, what i can come up with has been delivered.

Thank you for understanding and cooperating.
    Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2020 7:41 AM