error in the events local server - Microsoft Windows WUSA RRS feed

• Question

• I receive the follow errors :

Windows update  could not be installed because of error 2148098050 "The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found." (Command line: "C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe C:\Windows\KB936225x64.msu /quiet /norestart")

Windows update  could not be installed because of error 2148098050 "The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found." (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Test\Windows6.1-KB981845-x64.msu" ")

Windows update  could not be installed because of error 2148098050 "The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found." (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Test\Windows6.1-KB981845-x64.msu" ")

Can anyone help me please ? Thanks.

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Jan,

Please offer us what platform WSUS you are using from your post i assume you meet the issue when your install update use WSUS, what you are trying to do when you meet this error, this error can caused by the corrupt Scan update source, please try to re-sync your WSUS database from Microsoft update.

I found there have some third party article point out this error may potential reason.

The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found

http://chitrarasan.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/the-certificate-for-the-signer-of-the-message-is-invalid-or-not-found/

I’m glad to be of help to you!

*** This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. ***

• Edited by Alex Lv Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:28 AM

All replies