none
How do I clear the Code Mask in the WBS Code Definition box? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I made a boo-boo when trying to set up a WBS code definition, and I can't figure out how to delete the codes masks as shown below.  DEL does not work on the level rows and there is no "None" choice in the dropdown. Well, as always, thx for your help!

Jigs

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:47 AM

All replies

• Pls see this discussion:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/eabf6c63-30dc-4b39-89b4-e00f5b447abf/how-do-i-reset-wbs-codes?forum=projectprofessional2010general

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:08 AM
  •  Ismet, thx for helping, but that procedure does not work here. Trying to delete the last line in the code mask gives this error: 

and results in this list and an enless loop of the same message until I just hit cancel. This has the feel of a bug. I am using the latest of everything (MS Project 2013 Std. 32-bit in Win 8.1 Pro with all the MS updates). Driving me bonkers :) 

• Edited by Jigs Gaton Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:22 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Can you send me the file at projectuser@fastmail.fm ? 
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:31 AM
  • Just sent you a file Ismet, but the problem happens even if I create a new project and new WBS definition there. Cheers, jigs

Friday, October 10, 2014 4:25 AM
  • Hello,

I got a similar result with Project 2013: when I press [Del] nothing disappear. But if I click OK: close the dialog box and reopen it, the culprit row is gone. Not elegant but efficient. 

Project 2010 was working better for that.

Gérard Ducouret [Project MVP], Certifié Project 70632, Certifié ITIL

Saturday, October 11, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Apologies for my tardiness in posting feedback.

I tested Jiggy's file in both Professional and Standard editions (with the latest cum. update), and I was able to delete the entries as also described by Monsieur Ducouret. In fact, watching the Code preview box while deleting the items helps to see whether the <Del> action works or not. 

Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:44 AM