none
HIS2010 - Sense data 08890000 during an IMS call RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am setting up a Host Integration Server 2010 to call CICS and IMS transactions. I have another server with SnaServer 2000 already configured.

I have an error during the call of IMS transactions, after the call starting i have this 4 events:

• event 20, SNA Server, (1123) Negative Response Received on Connection PREST1 (SENSE = 846)
    • event 76, SNA APPC Application, APPC error received "Sense data   =  08890000, TP_ID        = 01000000E0C4E200, 

Conv_ID      = 00E2C600,  .... 
           EXPLANATION
            The partner APPC TP sent an error to the local TP by issuing an [MC_]SEND_ERROR or [MC_]DEALLOCATE (ABEND) verb. The message is also logged if the partner TP failed to start. The TP_ID and Conv_ID in this message were shown in a previous message. This message is followed by one or more messages containing log data supplied by the TP. The SNA sense data provides details about the error type.

• event 74, SNA APPC Application, APPC conversation ended
    • event 102, HIS Application Integration, HISETBG0001 Application Integrator has intercepted an exception in method mCPAP520T.  Following is the exception description: HISMSNA0009 The SNATransport encountered an error when attempting to receive data when processing method mCPAP520T, LUName I802AP08, TransactionId CPAP520T, Error Code 20."

I have already resolved the sense data 080F6051, is this in someway related to?

Thank in advance.

Bye.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

i have resolved the problem with the mainframe team.. The called transaction was unexpectedly stopped, once it was restarded all worked fine.

Just another information, were i can find all the explanation about Sense Data?

Thank You!!

Monday, September 17, 2012 10:54 AM

All replies

• The IBM sense codes you are seeing are defined as follows:

0846 - ERP Message Forthcoming: The received request was rejected for a reason to be specified in a forthcoming request.

0889 - Transaction Program Error: The transaction program has detected an error.
           0000 - Program Error—No Data Truncation: The transaction program sending data detected an error but did not truncate a logical  record.
                      Program Error—Purging: The transaction program receiving data detected an error. All remaining information, if any, that     the receiving program had not yet received, and that the sending program had sent prior to being notified of the error, is discarded.

Basically, the call is being made to IMS and the mainframe side is sending back the errors. In all likelihood something in the data being sent to IMS in not correct, which is resulting in the problem. IN these types of cases, we usually need to capture traces of the problem and often we need to take a look at the TI .NET Assembly to have a look at the methods and parameters that are defined to make sure they match up with what the host application expects.

Since you are using APPC to connect to IMS, the following are the traces that we'd need to see:

1. Run TI Manager.
    2. Right-click Windows-Initiated Processing and then click Tracing.
    3. Enable all 5 of the Trace Categories in the left window pane. As you enable each Trace Category, the corresponding Trace Options will all be enabled as well.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Minimize TI Manager.
    6. Run snatrace.exe.
    7. Click the Tracing Global Properties tab.
    8. Enable the Allow HIS Administrators to perform tracing option.
    9. Click Apply.
    10. Click the Trace Items tab and highlight SNA Application and click Properties.
    11. Click Set All on the Internal Trace, Message Trace, and API Trace tabs.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Highlight SnaServer on the Trace Items tab and click Properties.
    14. Click the Message Trace tab.
    15. Enable Data Link Control and LU 6.2 Messages and click OK.
    16. Minimize the SNA Trace Utility window.
    17. Reproduce the error.
    18. Restore the SNA Trace Utility window and click Clear All Traces to turn the tracing off.
    19. Close the SNA Trace Utility.
    20. Go to TI Manager, right-click Windows-Initiated Processing and then click Tracing.
    21. Clear all 5 of the Trace Categories and click OK to stop the tracing.
    22. Close TI Manager.

The resulting trace files will be in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010\Traces folder (by default).

We would need to see the traces files as well as the Application Event log (saved as an EVT format, and the TI .NET Assembly.

To look at all of this, we'd need to have a support case opened. However, you might be able to check with your mainframe support people as they may be able to tell you why the error is being returned when you call this IMS transaction.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

i have try the procedure that you have suggested to me, after i have reproduced the error, but i am not able to see anything helpful for me in that traces...

So, i ask now for support to mainframe people.

I'll keep you informed about the answer.

Thanks!! 

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:50 PM
  • The mainframe team won't find the HIS traces useful either. Those would be for us to look at.

If you need further help, you will probably need to open a support case.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Sorry, i explain myself wrong..

I have asked for support to mainframe people, so they can watch mainframe log where they can find something useful i think, or no?

If mainframe won't help me, i will open a support case. (Sorry for the question... How can i open a support case?)

Thanks.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:59 PM
  • To open a case, you can go to http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/. Click the Microsoft Support (1st link) link and then click the Submit a technical support request link. Type Host Integration Server in the product name box and choose the version you are using. Follow the wizard the rest of the way through.

If you company has a support contract, you can work through the contact that you have to get a case opened as well.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:04 PM
  • Ok, Thanks...

I'll keep informed about this problem and my actions in the next days.

Thank you!

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

i have resolved the problem with the mainframe team.. The called transaction was unexpectedly stopped, once it was restarded all worked fine.

Just another information, were i can find all the explanation about Sense Data?

Thank You!!

Monday, September 17, 2012 10:54 AM
  • IBM sense codes are documented in Chapter 10 of the SNA Formats (GA27-3136) manual. You can use the following link for the SNA Formats manual: http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/d50a5006/CCONTENTS.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Thank You for your support.

Bye!

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:32 PM