none
Class Compliant Drivers for AKAI MPK Devices RRS feed

• Question

• I bought the AKAI MPK Mini MKII over a year ago, and on my Surface it worked really well. I recently built a PC and installed windows without trouble and ALL the drivers. It was then that I realized that my MIDI keyboard was having trouble being sensed by my PC. 

The name of the product shows up, but it has the caution symbol and claims drivers are missing. The problem is that this device is a "Class Compliant" device and doesn't require drivers to run. The manufacturer only has the proper programs to run diagnostics and setup the device, but no drivers. After doing some searching, I found out that this was a Microsoft and Windows issue. PCs already come with drivers on them for these "Class Compliant" devices from the Microsoft Team. 

But where do you get them?

There are no lists, names, or troubleshooting advice columns on the website, so I came here for help. My computer may be custom built, but it is a Windows-operated machine that requires the same drivers Microsoft claims to provide. I was sent here by a forum on Microsoft's website and we were told that Technet would solve it.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As you says, class compliant device is one that doesn't require extra drivers to connect your Windows computer, which are built into the host operating system.

Since your MKII works fine on surface, while your computer is custom built. It's recommended to clone the system on surface then restore the system on the PC.

Make sure two devices run the completely same system, then, connect your MKII onto the PC to see if it works well.

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 27, 2019 9:02 AM