Pin folder to start menu RRS feed

• Question

• I want to pin my System Administrator Tools to the start menu.  When I right-click on the system administrator folder, I do not get the option to pin, like I did in Win 7.  I checked the properties and the option is not there either.  Is there any way to pin folders to start menu in Win 10?

Thanks.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:47 PM

Answers

• In windows explorer, search for Administrative.  When it finds the folder, right click on it and click on Pin to Start.

Mine was found at c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Friday, October 3, 2014 5:40 PM

All replies

• Anyone found a way to pin program folders to the start menu?
    Friday, October 3, 2014 1:26 PM
  • In windows explorer, search for Administrative.  When it finds the folder, right click on it and click on Pin to Start.

Mine was found at c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Friday, October 3, 2014 5:40 PM
  • I was not able to do this way.   I tried searching using 'File Explorer' and 'Cortana' with no results also I did not find anything called 'Windows Explorer'.  I was able to find it when I  right mouse click the start button > 'Search'   (for 'Administrative')  it listed 'Administrative tools' but right mouse click did nothing.

The way I was able to do it was,  right mouse click on the Start Button > 'Control Panel' >change view to: small icon, now 'Administrative Tools' is visible, right mouse click 'Administrative Tools' icon and I got the 'Pin to Start' option.

hope this helps.

• Edited by Firefly' Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:10 PM
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:08 PM