URL Redirect through TMG/UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

having some issues getting a webpage redirected through the TMG layer of UAG and wanted to find out if it is supported to add rules to the TMG layer. is it prefered to have  a TMG server for other redirections extrenally to internal resources (ie internal web server etc) when a SSL connection is not needed? current i am trying to publish out my CRL list to allow clients to check their certificates but the rule that was created keeps getting blocked, i followed a tutorial out on the web, created my listener for the URL: Crl.technicalpanda.com, added the listener to point to the internal webserver where the CRL list is located. the rule runs successfully from the UAG box but trying to access the site from the internet results in the base rule being applied and denying the connection, the access rule is 3rd in the list but is never validiated for the URL. maybe i missed something?
    Monday, August 3, 2009 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Kevin. The main purpose of TMG in UAG is to protect the UAG functionallity at the network level (that is, allowing or denying network traffic to or from the UAG host). Though the implementation of TMG in UAG is fully functional, many features are not supported. There is a post in this forum talking about a "support statement" to clarify what scenarios are tested and supported (the name of the post is "UAG = TMG + more options" http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/thread/0e7bfaec-abc9-46ac-a829-b08ab5811e65)

I suggest to publish the crl through a portal (a basic one) in UAG. That should work.

Regards
    // Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:06 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:15 AM