Enable IM on MS Teams and SFB online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We can able to send IM using MS Teams to SFB online user who never used MS Teams earlier. But When SFB user tries to send IM, it is getting failed with error "User unavailable or offline". I can see the Presence status of Teams user, but IM is not getting delivered.

Please suggest on this.

Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi oui11sd!

Has the user in Skype for Business online migrated to Teams?

In my research, interop will work between Skype for Business and Teams. We recommend you change Co-exsiting mode to island. This is the default mode now. This option is used to deploy Teams separate from Skype for Business. In this mode, Teams user will immediately use Teams with all capabilities, while other users can continue using Skype for Business. In the MS Teams& Skype for Business Admin Center, you can select the island mode in Teams upgrade.

Considering Skype for Business Online will be retired on July 31,2021, we also highly recommend you upgrade from Skype for Business Online to Teams.

For more details about Teams coexistence with Skype for Business, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/coexistence-chat-calls-presence

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi oui11sd!

Has the user in Skype for Business online migrated to Teams?

In my research, interop will work between Skype for Business and Teams. We recommend you change Co-exsiting mode to island. This is the default mode now. This option is used to deploy Teams separate from Skype for Business. In this mode, Teams user will immediately use Teams with all capabilities, while other users can continue using Skype for Business. In the MS Teams& Skype for Business Admin Center, you can select the island mode in Teams upgrade.

Considering Skype for Business Online will be retired on July 31,2021, we also highly recommend you upgrade from Skype for Business Online to Teams.

For more details about Teams coexistence with Skype for Business, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/coexistence-chat-calls-presence

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:11 AM