Hunt Group - Calls to external users (non Lync users) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a requirement with Lync where we have an IVR configured, and one of the hunt groups for the options needs to include an external cell number for a user that is not part of the organisation. I am not sure what is the best way to achieve this? Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,ferrari,

Would you please try to modify the queue configuration to set the call action to "Forwarding to telephone number" after queue is time out.I have tested on my lab to simulate this scenario with fowarding call to a virtual cell phone when call a RGS,if the RGS didn't response to the call and time is out it will transfer to the cell phone number.

Here is a similar thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-NZ/ocsclients/thread/8e0793e0-a837-441b-a058-06aba06e6f1e

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, December 16, 2011 9:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:28 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

forwading a call from RGS to an external number will not work. there's no option in RGS to do that. if you configure it to transfer to an internal user and then forward it from that point, it will not work.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:56 AM
  • Hi Thamara, thanks for yoru reply.

So is there any option/configuration to get a call to go to an external number? Is it possible to set up a Lync enabled user in AD that has their calls forwarded to the external mobile number?

Thanks,

Daniel

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:11 PM
  • still, that will not work if the call is getting frowarded to the user from RGS. i have practically test it but left with no solution.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    Friday, December 16, 2011 2:23 AM
  • Hi,ferrari,

Would you please try to modify the queue configuration to set the call action to "Forwarding to telephone number" after queue is time out.I have tested on my lab to simulate this scenario with fowarding call to a virtual cell phone when call a RGS,if the RGS didn't response to the call and time is out it will transfer to the cell phone number.

Here is a similar thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-NZ/ocsclients/thread/8e0793e0-a837-441b-a058-06aba06e6f1e

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, December 16, 2011 9:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:28 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi,ferrari,

How is your issue going on?

Any updates please do let us know.

Regards,

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:40 AM