Aero stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

So my Aero was working just fine until It stopped working completely, I tried to look for a solution and tried a lot, then found that some of the windows updates might have made it a problem, so I uninstalled the "Platform Update for Windows 7 KB2670838" as I was told, and it worked.

I made sure it wouldn't automatically update again, but it was getting a little slow then for other updates it had to restart and when I did aero was not working again... 

I checked and "Platform Update for Windows 7 KB2670838"  is not installed

So how can I fix this?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that this issue happened again after other updates, have you tried to uninstall these updates you just installed, and test Areo again?

If problem still persists, please try following steps orderly:

1. Run Aero troubleshooter, does it report some problems?

• Click Start, type aero in the Start Search box, and then click Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects.
    • A wizard window opens. Click Advanced if you want the problem fixed automatically, and then click Next to continue
    • If the problem is automatically fixed, the window borders are translucent.
    • If the problem is not fixed or if you want to see the details, click View detailed information to see a report.

2. If that does not work---> click Start---> Right click Computer---> Click on Properties

Click on the "Windows Experience Index" link then click "Re-run the assessment" to refresh your WEI Index score and try again.

3. Check the desktop window manager (DWM)service, run--->services.msc, then locate DWM service in the list.

4. Update or reinstall relevant drivers(specially graphics driver).

What is the result? Please free let me know.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:05 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:16 AM