SCE 2010 Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems installing some software through SCE, the windows update manages to download the software but when it starts installing the progress bar doesnt move, even after half a hour.. To me it's like there is a problem somewhere. After browsing on the internet for this problem I noticed some people saying it could be a group policy problem. I did a gpresult /r on the client on which I want to install my software and this comes up:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
        System Center Essentials All Computers Policy
            Filtering:  Disabled (GPO)
        Local Group Policy
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        SCE Managed Computers Group Policy (GNT-SCE_MG)
    The user is a part of the following security groups
    ---------------------------------------------------
        Domain Users
        Everyone
        Offer Remote Assistance Helpers
        BUILTIN\Users
        BUILTIN\Administrators
        NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE
        CONSOLE LOGON
        NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
        This Organization
        LOCAL
        RDPgnt-sce
        DataICT
        Domain Admins
        RDPgnt-scsm
        High Mandatory Level
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It seems the policies have been disabled for this client, but when looking in group policy management I see the policy is applied to the group in which my client resides. 
    This makes no sense to me, and I hope you might help me out
    Regards

• Edited by MarxusBE Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:56 PM clearifying
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• There are no user policy setting for the sce gpo's therefore, the user settings are disabled by default.  SCE only applies machine settings.
    Tim Magnuson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 |
    Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    My Blog Site: http://tmagnuson.wordpress.com
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 28, 2011 6:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:13 PM
  • The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
        Local Group Policy
        Domain Users
        Everyone
        BUILTIN\Users
        BUILTIN\Administrators
        NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE
        CONSOLE LOGON
        This Organization
        LOCAL
        RDPgnt-sce
        DataICT
        Domain Admins
        RDPgnt-scsm
        High Mandatory Level
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize what you're saying, but the answer is still the same.  Domain Users is a global user group..not computer group. BUILTIN\Administrators is a user group, not a computer group.  Domain Admins is a user group, not a computer group.  The user setting of the SCE policies are disabled by default since there ARE no user settings in the SCE GPO's.  It's saying the policies weren't applied because they're disabled...and well...they are...for users.

"The user is a part of the following security groups" - this is the user section of gpresult..not the computer section, it was displayed before this.

I've posted a fairly high-level howto for Adobe Reader X, which uses the same methods for Acrobat. That's in the link in my signature.

Firefox isn't terribly tricky,  What setup file are you using and are you using any install parameters?

Xenserver I can't comment on since i've never tried it, but I would assume it's not too difficult.

Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:59 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:59 PM

All replies

• There are no user policy setting for the sce gpo's therefore, the user settings are disabled by default.  SCE only applies machine settings.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:13 PM
  • what software are you trying to install?
  • Its not a user policy, its a computer, i'm saying client as in computer client. 

I've tried installing a lot of software, flash and shockwave work fine, but for example firefox, citrix xenserver tools and adobe acrobat x wont work..

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:18 PM
  • The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
        Local Group Policy
        Domain Users
        Everyone
        BUILTIN\Users
        BUILTIN\Administrators
        NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE
        CONSOLE LOGON
        This Organization
        LOCAL
        RDPgnt-sce
        DataICT
        Domain Admins
        RDPgnt-scsm
        High Mandatory Level

I realize what you're saying, but the answer is still the same.  Domain Users is a global user group..not computer group. BUILTIN\Administrators is a user group, not a computer group.  Domain Admins is a user group, not a computer group.  The user setting of the SCE policies are disabled by default since there ARE no user settings in the SCE GPO's.  It's saying the policies weren't applied because they're disabled...and well...they are...for users.

"The user is a part of the following security groups" - this is the user section of gpresult..not the computer section, it was displayed before this.

I've posted a fairly high-level howto for Adobe Reader X, which uses the same methods for Acrobat. That's in the link in my signature.

Firefox isn't terribly tricky,  What setup file are you using and are you using any install parameters?

Xenserver I can't comment on since i've never tried it, but I would assume it's not too difficult.

• Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:59 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:59 PM
  • It looks like you're running gpupdate /r on a 7 machine, because it's only showing you user policies. Run cmd as administrator and then gpresult /r and it will show you computer policies, too.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:50 PM
  • gpupdate /r isn't a valid command, i think you mean gpresult /R....  /R shows the the entire result unless the user isn't an admin on the machine.  It DOES show machine values but since the list is usually lengthy, and the text scrolls by so fast it's very hard to see.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:16 PM