Proxy MP Submitting Client Data RRS feed

• Question

• My question is to know the flow of Proxy MP in SCCM 2012. I have a doubt proxy mp will contact Primary MP or not. Please correct me here am i right or wrong on the below points for flow of proxy Mp while collecting data from Client

1)  The Proxy MP in sccm 2012 collects the inventory data, discovery data and status message

2) The Proxy Mp will hand over to SQL DB in secondary server.

3) The Secondary site SQL DB will replicate this data via Database replication.

Another Thing can i use the terminology "Proxy MP" for MP in SCCM 2012 " .

2Q) How does policy collects by Proxy MP in SCCM 2012.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:25 PM

Answers

• First, no the MP is no longer a "proxy" MP in 2012 as it does not proxy requests for policy.

1) Correct

2) Incorrect. The DB on a Secondary site is not for any client data whatsoever. It simply stores policy and a subset of other data needed for client operation in the DB. Inventory and other messages submitted by clients to an MP on the secondary site server is forwarded to the primary (I honestly don't know if this is done directly to the primary site DB or via a primary site MP although I think the former).

3) Incorrect. See #2. The DB at a secondary site is effectively a read-only copy as far as the clients are concerned.

2Q) Not sure what you're asking here.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

• Marked as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:36 AM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 12:37 AM