Add additional information to Skype for business Contact Cards RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My company has recently updated from and older Skype for business to office 365. Previously, there was more useful information displayed in the skype contact cards.

Is a user able to add additional information to the skype contact cards or is this purely under IT control?

How does IT control which fields are selected?

Thanks,

David

Thursday, March 12, 2020 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

In my test, you can edit your contact card in Outlook client. You can add email address, work information, phone number etc. in the following page.

This thread gives detailed information about how to customize contact card: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/0d035f8d-1d9d-46a1-b108-746002be61c7/lync-contact-card-customization. However, Skype for Business Online can’t access the ABC config tool to customize the contact information.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2020 4:50 AM
  • Hi David,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:52 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Here is the version of Skype that my company is using.

Is it possible for an administrator to customize the contact card information using the ABS tool or something else?

Thanks,

David

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:42 PM
  • Hi David,

The ABS tool can only support Skype for Business server 2015.

It seems no good method for administrator to customize the contact card information now.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, March 27, 2020 9:00 AM