Manage Accounts screen disabled RRS feed

• Question

• I am helping build an image for a device we use at work. So far we have a manual of about 60 pages or so of selected options, changes from original Windows 7 Pro clean install, and installed software (some ours, some 3rd party) for the image we are creating. Everything seems to be working fine, but for some reason, through some change we have made, the screen Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage another account seems to be locked up. If you try to use the link to create a new user, it will not create the user. If you click the link  "What is a user account?" it doesn't do anything, and should open up a help window. Also, the box that says choose the account you would like to change is empty. None of the users are there (even the current user which is an administrator). This happens even if you log in as another user too. You can still create and manage the different users through Computer -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups, but we want the people using this image to take the Control Panel -> User Accounts route. A system restore or clean install are not valid options... I mean, if it comes down to doing that it's fine, but I do not need information or instructions on how to do this. I'm thinking that possible things that caused this might be some registry changes we made that makes our software perform better that might have switched this particular screen off. I have searched online but cannot find any similar situations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:45 PM