none
Setting up relative path to deployment share RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to execute MDT 2012 task sequence from local system as an offline media. There is a twist in requirement wherein users are copying offline media to USB or local drives (root of any drive) and running batch file to call LiteTouch.vbs. Since the process is independent of IT support personnel and no recommended guidelines, my deployment share must be able to run from any drive location instead of being a static path in bootstrap.ini. Present bootstrap.ini as below.

[Settings]

Priority=Default

[Default]

DeployRoot=C:\Content\Deploy

SkipBDDWelcome=YES

UserID=none

UserPassword=none

UserDomain=none

Any thoughts on setting the relative path to deployment share?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hmm you could probably use an exit script right at the top of the CS.ini to get the current script root, then work some logic from there...  VB is not my forte but something like this:

WScript.Echo Replace(WScript.ScriptFullName, WScript.ScriptName, "")

In a user exit script, which returns as DeployRoot?

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:41 AM
  • Actually, scrap that,  you can use a batch file or script to pass parameters directly to Litetouch.vbs.

For example LiteTouch.vbs /UDDIR:%USERNAME% /UDProfiles:%USERNAME% is what I use in a USMT TS to pass the current user as a parameter to the CS.ini.  I'm sure it would work the same for /deployroot: 

You could use a batch script to get the current directory and pass that:

litetouch.vbs /deployroot:%CD%

%CD% returns the current directory in a batch script.

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:47 AM
  • I  have completely removed DeployRoot=<path> from bootstrap.ini and that made my deployment root independent of drive or static path. Issue is resolved. Thanks All :)
    Friday, June 7, 2013 4:53 AM