EXEC master..xp_cmdshell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I have a SSIS package, which, when I execute from Visual Studio it executes fine.
    It has about 10 Variables declared, all the 10 variables contain Oracle queries that are set to the Data SOurce in the Data Flow Task.

When I run this package from Visual Studio the package runs fine but when I execute the same package from an SP
    Like this...

EXEC master..xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /F "C:\XXX\Integration Services Project1\Integration Services Project1\XXXUsers.dtsx"'
    (harcoded the variables for now)

It throws up errors for all the variables declared.. errors are as follows

--------------
    Error: 2014-08-21 16:47:55.39
       Code: 0xC02020F6
       Source: PERSON LIST XXX PersonList Data Source [2]
       Description: Column "ACTIVE_CARD_NO" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.
    End Error
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Warning: 2014-08-21 16:47:55.40
       Code: 0x800470C8
       Source: PERSON LIST XXXX PersonList Data Source [2]
       Description: The external columns for XXX PersonList Data Source are out of synchronization with the data source columns.
    The external column "ACTIVE_CARD_NO" needs to be updated.
    :
    :
    :
    End Warning
    Error: 2014-08-21 16:47:55.40
       Code: 0xC004706B
       Source: PERSON LIST SSIS.Pipeline
       Description: XXXX PersonList Data Source" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".
    End Error
    -------------

The string data from the source is coming as 'Unicode String', I have added a 'Data Conversion' task to convert it to string[DT_STR].

What could be wrong here

• Moved by Elvis Long Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:10 AM SSIS issue, move from DW forum
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:38 PM

All replies