Group Policies stopped working after update. KB3163018. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a lab of computers running Windows 10 Pro.   They are all bound to my AD and I have group policies in place for when students log in they get very specific restrictions.  I updated one computer to the update that was released on July 14, 2016 was installed for Windows 10 KB3163018.  Logged back in as a student and no policies were being applied.  HUH thinking it's the computer I installed the same update on another and again no policies are being applied.  What gives?  I'm guessing the rest of the computers will have this update auto installed and I'll have a mass issue.  What is going on and how can I fix it? 
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

We have been reported this issue, it has been marked as known issues on the article below.

This issue may occur if the Group Policy Object is missing the Read permissions for the Authenticated Users group or if you are using security filtering and are missing Read permissions for the domain computers group.

To fix the problem, you could try to perform one of the following steps:
    1.Add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO).
    2.If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission.

MS16-072: Security update for Group Policy: June 14, 2016
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3163622

There is similar case for reference. The OP fixed this issue by Add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO).

KB3163018 breaks Group Policy
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81134b93-c337-40fc-b7ff-28971f8cfd0d/kb3163018-breaks-group-policy?forum=win10itpronetworking

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 17, 2016 6:00 AM