For Outlook 2010: Is there a way to edit email address auto complete to just email addresses within my company? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

To protect customer intellectual property and accidentally sending information to the wrong customer, I have turned off the "Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To: CC: and Bcc lines."

Needless to say this slows down send emails as I have to search names all the time under the To: or CC: buttons.

Is there a way to turn on Auto-Complete only for email addresses that have a user defined address extension such as "Ed_Smith@mycompany.com?"

So I would still have to manually type in email addresses from people outside my company or group but Auto-Complete would suggest names for those with the mycompany.com address.

Thanks! Ed

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Ed,

>> Is there a way to edit email address auto complete to just email addresses within my company? 

No. as far as I know. I am afraid that it is not feasible to restrict autocomplete list contents to internal email addresses only using the built-in features in Outlook. 

If you have more concerns on this feature and want Microsoft to include it in Outlook, I'd like to encourage you post the idea to the Outlook UserVoice forum. Microsoft loves hearing all customers' feedback and is committed to improving the users' experience with the products.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi Ed,

I am writing to see if you have checked my reply above. If my post above is helpful, do you mind helping mark is as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar question can more easily find the useful information?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:40 AM