none
How to add new PDPs to Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I need to create a new Enterprise Project Type in Project Server 2010 but I don't want to modify the default PDPs that ships with the product. So I wanted to know if I could download the existing PDPs, change their name, upload them in 'Project Detail Pages', add to them the ECF that I need and create a new EPT using those pages in Server Settings?.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Carlos Negroni
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can do everything you mentioned. You can create a new PDP and add web parts to it as well. The sky is the limit :-)

www.umt.com

• Marked as answer by CNegroni Friday, August 2, 2013 10:13 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 12:57 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can do everything you mentioned. You can create a new PDP and add web parts to it as well. The sky is the limit :-)

www.umt.com

• Marked as answer by CNegroni Friday, August 2, 2013 10:13 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 12:57 AM
  • The only thing I will add is that, you will not need to "download" the PDP's.

You just Navigate to Server Settings >> Project Detail Pages library, click New and select WebPart Page.

You will be asked select the layout of the web part page. Once you do that, you will be able to add/remove stuf to the page, and save it back to the same Project Detail Pages library, associate with EPT and so on.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, August 2, 2013 2:04 AM
  • Hi Prasanna, you are right, I could create a new page directly in Server Settings > 'Project Detail Pages' and build a new EPT.

Thank you very much

Regards

Carlos Negroni

Friday, August 2, 2013 10:18 PM