locked
Why is my PerformancePoint 2010 scorecard based on a SharePoint list not displaying anything in the target column? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Sorry if this isn't the correct forum, but I didn't see a PerformancePoint 2010 forum in the list...

    I'm just starting out with wrapping my head around how to use PerformancePoint, unfortuantely all of the tutorials I've found so far make the unreasonable assumption that your data is already organized in Analysis Services cubes, with pre-configured KPIs, etc.  (For example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg192778)  No discussion on how to configure these objects from scratch, or from other data source types, such as SharePoint lists (where most, if not all, of your SharePoint data is likely to be).

    So here is what I've got so far...

    My data:

    A Project Tasks list in SharePoint 2010, with (default) columns: Title, Start Date, End Date, % Complete, Task Status, Priority, Predecessors, Assigned To.

    Created using Dashboard Designer:

    1) A new Data Connection pointing to the Project Tasks list, default options selected otherrwise.

    2) A new KPI using the Objective template, so I can breakdown by task on the scorecard.  From here, I was forced to make an educated guess at the following settings:

       a) Actual mapped to "% Complete" column of the data connection, calculation by "Average of children", number format is percentage.

       b) Target mapped to fixed value of 1 (default), default calculation, number format is percentage, indicator is Half Guage.

     3) A new Scorecard using my data connection and KPI, adding (drag-and-drop) Title column as a Dimension, with each of the tasks selected.

    The result is I get the % Complete data to display properly for each line of the score card (actual value for each child, average for the parent), but zilch appearing in the Target column; no value, no indicator, no variance.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:39 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi,

    Thank you for your question.

    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.



    Xue-mei Chang

    TechNet Community Support

    Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:07 AM
  • You want to use the blank KPI template, not the objective template. The objective template is for grouping of other KPIs. In order to get the rollup to appear in the objective you most likely need to adjust your calculation setting in the KPI target from the Default to Data value.

    Create and configure a KPI by using Dashboard Designer

    If you have more PPS related questions and you continue this I would highly recommend using the PPS M&A forums - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/threads


    Dan English's BI Blog

    • Marked as answer by Bill Nesbitt Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:06 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:13 PM