App-V Sequencing RRS feed

• Question

• Starting to test App-V packages in SCCM. Question around sequencing

The way I normally do a package is to use a VBscript wrapper. So say the app is an MSI but need s a couple of tweaks then I would call the native MSI file and then through the VBscript add any .INI file changes or maybe change a reg key

Could I use this script to run the sequencer so that that it captures all the necessary changes?. I assume that any registry and ini file changes are virtual on the client ?

Also, can I keep the virtual and real packages in the same source folder - I assume you would have to create separate packages for real and virtual however

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Creating App V packages is different than creating MSI packages. You can customize the package as part of the sequencing process either by running the application or by adding the required files/settings.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Ok, so if there are any reg or ini file mods they wouldn't be accepted by running my vbscript - you saying you!d have to apply them in the sequence after capturing the exe or msi install?. I assume the sequencing software gives you the opportunity to do this?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:53 PM