Hyper V export from Windows 2012 creating exports without config.xml - and failing to import RRS feed

• Question

• I have used Hyper-V on 2008 servers and have been able to export and import virtual systems.  I just started using a 2012 server for hyper-V.   Now when I export one of my servers from the Hyper V Manager, I get the exported directories and files, but it is missing the config.xml file.   I have found in the past if that file is missing I will not be able to import.  Did something change in Hyper-V or am I missing a step to tell it to create the config.xml file during the export?  

From one of my 2008 servers, I opened Hyper-V and attached to the 2012 server, did the export from there (2008 server) of the virtual system on the 2012 hyper V host, and that created the files and directories and a config.xml.  

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• For more help, please repost in the Hyper-V forum here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads

This forum is for the product Virtual Server 2005 which is an end of life product.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:51 PM