Corrupt Exchange database contains "users" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

We have a strange problem. We have a completely corrupt Exchange 2010 SP2, Rollup 10 database. So we used a third party tool (Digiscope) to create a new database and import from the offline (corrupt) database. So far so good.

However: some users are still registered in the old database, preventing us to import the user in the new working database.

To be precize: there is a column "database" in the GUI, when looking at the recepient configuration, mailbox tab. That's the value I want to change manually for the affected users. I do not want to move the mailbox or anything, I just need it to point to the correct (new) database, so my import functions will work again.

Is there a cmd or other way to manually point the user to the correct online database?

Regards,

Sebastiaan

Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Change the database for the mailbox.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nawar/archive/2010/05/03/what-happened-to-configurationonly.aspx

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

As what Rich mentioned above, We can use the Set-Mailbox cmdlet to modify the settings of an existing mailbox. I recommend you use this command to check the result.

If there is any update, please feel free to post here for further research.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 9, 2013 4:43 AM
  • Hello,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days. If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:34 AM