SCCM 2007 > 2012 Collection Migration - operating system deployment images migration failure... RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Another wall I've hit - when carrying out the collections migrations all succeeded other than 3 objects - my OSD image, OSD task sequence and OSD advertisement. I think the latter two failed due to the first failing. Reviewing the migctrl log there seems to be a permissions issue (see below) with my 2012 site accessing the WIM upon the 2007 site. I'm able to UNC to the WIM path from the 2012 site. The 2012 site computer is configured with full access to the WIM upon the 2007 site (I've also granted EVERYONE full access to the WIM - just see if this would rectify the issue - which it didn't). The log files aren't telling me much (which is par for the course with SCCM) and the one error reported - Failed to get the image property for the source WIM file due to error 80070005 - only returned one hit on google - the workaround suggested within this one hit I've already attempted (giving the 2012 site computer itself access to the WIM).

Any idea's or suggestions greatly appreciated as always. Thanks guys (Jason and Torsten)! :)

M Tipler

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi, did you get this resolved?

Tried disable realtime antivirus.

Nicolai

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

80070005 translates to "Access Denied" so you must have some permissions or access issue. No Share permissions that could cause the error? You have already set the permission on the file as you write above.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Try granting "everyone" right to the Source path share and see if thats the case.

Nicolai

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:42 PM
  • yes, Ive notised that it wont migrate OSD TS unless it has all the dependent packages, drivers, Applications etc..    (if I recall correct from last time).

Nicolai

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

80070005 translates to "Access Denied" so you must have some permissions or access issue. No Share permissions that could cause the error? You have already set the permission on the file as you write above.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Hey Jorgen,

I'm able to UNC to the WIM from the 2012 site. The 2012 site computer object is configured with full access (security and share) as is "EVERYONE" to the drive containing the WIM and the WIM itself.

M Tipler

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:08 PM

• M Tipler

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Try granting "everyone" right to the Source path share and see if thats the case.

Nicolai

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:42 PM
  • Already done.

M Tipler

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi, did you get this resolved?

Tried disable realtime antivirus.

Nicolai

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hi Nicolai - thank you for your suggestion - I did actually already attempt this though. However, in the end the only way forward was to manually migrate everything OSD related. A bit of a pain really.

M Tipler

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:39 PM
  • yes, Ive notised that it wont migrate OSD TS unless it has all the dependent packages, drivers, Applications etc..    (if I recall correct from last time).

Nicolai

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:42 PM