AUTO DOWNLOAD OF IE9 TROUBLE RRS feed

• Question

• I GOT AN AUTO DOWNLOAD OF IE9.

I PREFER TO USE IE8....SO, I TRIED TO UNINSTALL IE9....NO SUCCESS....HAD A CERTIFIED PARTNER COMPANY OF MICROSOFT TRY....THEY COULD NOT...THEY TOLD ME THE DOWNLOAD FILE WAS CORRUPT....

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try the following steps to uninstall IE9 and it will roll back to IE8.

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later

For more detail steps, you can refer to uninstall How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

where did you get AN AUTO DOWNLOAD OF IE9? (web address please)

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:22 PM
  • it came from Microsoft as part of a package of 5 items....from time to time, Microsoft will send out auto updates...this happened to be one of them....up to now, I would just say O.K. and the file would be auto downloaded....don't you get auto downloads from Microsoft????
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:31 PM
  • Hi,

You can try the following steps to uninstall IE9 and it will roll back to IE8.

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later

For more detail steps, you can refer to uninstall How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:52 AM