none
Requests are not showing up on new phone RRS feed

• Question

• I used Authenticator app successfully on iPhone. Bought a new iPhone. I followed the Recover procedure listed at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/microsoft-authenticator-app-backup-and-recovery. Authenticator app requests don't show up on my new iPhone. The authorize requests still show up on my old one. How do I get them to show up on my new iPhone?
    Monday, November 19, 2018 9:12 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem on my new Pixel 3XL. I added MSA to the authenticator app. All the notifications still go to the old phone. Then, deactivated all devices and now none of the notifications go to any phones.

Slobodan Stipic

Sunday, December 2, 2018 10:25 AM
  • I had the same problem.  The following steps from internal helpdesk worked for me:

Please try the below steps and see if the issue gets resolved.
    1. Visit https://

phoneregistration.microsoft.com > Login

2. Check contact method > Change to Phone call (if Phone app change it to phone call) [If Phonecall, then kindly void this step]
    3. Make a test call, just to be sure that the calls are coming through.
    4. Now click on Manage Mobile App > Delete the old phone > Confirm
    5. Again click on Manage Mobile App > Add new device
    Now while doing this, delete the phone authenticator app, if installed on your phone.
    Now re-install the application from the App store.
    Again back to the system > click on Next > Next > you will be now prompted with the QR code > follow the instructions
    6. Once done, you will notice the contact method have automatically changed to Phone App
    Now make a test call. Just to be sure, everything works properly.

Kindly check and confirm if you are able to launch the application, if not kindly take a screenshot of the error message displayed (if any).

• Edited by AJ225 Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by AJ225 Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:19 PM