0x80000003 Error And Windbg.exe without Windows NT 4.0 BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• I donwnloaded the windbg.exe (Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)) but i did not install the Windows NT 4.0 before and am wondering if this is why my computer crashed. just before the crash i kept getting errors on every .exe i tried to open including shutting down the computer and others. The error code was the 0x80000003

and when i searched for the definition of the error code the first thing i see is:

Error Message: Dr. Watson Exception (0x80000003) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230176

Im wondering if someone can verify that this is the reason of my crash and of my own doing. I have uninstalled the  (Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) I am trying to learn how to use the debugging tools i am seeing that it is either the 4.0 or the 4.5 NT that is supposed to be installed.

Just before the crash i tried to use Global flags and had checked a bunch of boxes and closed global flags.

some of the symbals got installed onto my external hard drive and not my internal one for some reason.

the reason i am asking this right now is to verify that i just learned something here and that i am not about to encounter a crash again after doing a system restore.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:32 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please upload the dump files here by referring the following website?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65/

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Thankyou for responding Kim,

i am currently not seeing a .dmp file when entering it in search. can you tell me where i am able to find that file?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

Generally, they should be stored under C:\windows\minidump\ folder.

Kim Zhou

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:24 AM

• Ever since i installed windows i have never seen a Minidump folder in C:\windows\Minidump\folder and in previous installs also.  After this crash i went to check that folder and even search .dmp and have never found it.

i went into system properties > startup and Recovery and it looked like this

I copy pasted the %systemRoot%\Memory.DMP in search panes on my desktop and start menu and no search results were found.

Ive been trying to figure this out for a long time now, i have seen posts about where to find the dump file but i havent been able to find it in the places Im told that it is.

• Edited by ingenuities Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:16 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:55 AM
  • System properties looks like this now.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Even though i am unable to currently find it does that mean it doesnt exist?
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

It seems we may not be able to find the dump files right now. I recommend setting Write debugging information as Small memory dump (256KB).

At this time, I would like to know if the issue appears again? If it repeat again, you may find the dump file at the location “C:\Users\Bill\My documents\MiniDump\”.

Kim Zhou

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:16 AM
  • Thank you for responding Kim Zhou.

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:24 AM