Black bars around my screen. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a LG W2361V monitor, a Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870 1 Gb video card.  And I am running  Windows 7 at 1980 x 1080 resolution.  My refresh rate is stuck at the 59 hz.  Which I have seen many people say this is a current bug where you can't get it to go to 60 hz.  Anyway, when I start up the computer.  I have black bars around my entire screen.  Approximately, 1 inch on the sides and half and inch on the top and bottom.  I am running dual monitors but it doesn't seem to matter, this is true when only one monitor is active.  The wierd thing is when I run a game (CoD MW2 or WoW),  all of the monitor space is used(so no black bars).  And after I close the game the bars are gone, and my screen is pretty and huge, until the screen saver comes up.  Which after leaving the screen saver, the display goes back to having the bars.  I need help just because I have been living with this so far, but I play my games in windowed mode, so those blacks bars end up taking up a lot of space. 

I also want to add I am running Windows 7 64 bit Professional, and it did the same thing when I was running  64 bit 7 Beta.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:55 PM

Answers