none
Dual Monitors while logged into to a VPN from home.

Question

• Hi there, I have recently upgrade from the windows 10 free upgrade to the pro version so I can work from home on a company VPN network. In the office I have dual screens and all runs well. When I am working from home I can't replicate this and would like to know how to make this happen. What steps do I need to make sure are in place for this to work? 
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 11:00 PM

All replies

• You can use the setting here for your RDP session.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 11:15 PM
  • You can also run the following from the command line or the rundialog:

mstsc /multimon

Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:03 AM
  • Thanks for your information but it hasn't worked.

Are there any other suggestions I can try or trouble shoot to make this work as I purchased the Windows 10 Pro version because I was told that is what I needed to have to be able to use both screens while using a remote connection on a VPN network!

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:41 PM
  • It should just work without issue. I'd also check the RDP config for the line;

use multimon:i:1

or also try starting the session by;

mstsc.exe /multimon

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2009/07/01/using-multiple-monitors-in-remote-desktop-session/

Trouble shooting something like this in forums is next to impossible since we cannot see what you see, better to ask your network or systems admins for help.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:48 PM
  • Hi Sir,

How are things going ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:12 AM