none
Custom field values disappear on publish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am running project server 2013 and am noticing an issue with custom field values disappearing after publishing a project plan. The custom field that gets removed have a look up table associated with it. When we publish and then re-open the plan, we noticed that the values that were previously there are removed. This doesn't happen with all project plans but for now it seems random. Has anymore encountered this issue/know what we can do to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what patch level is applied to your system? In the past, a few fixes to ECF issues had been applied to server and client. Search for "Enterprise" on  https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/p/msp13/ and https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/p/ps13cu/.

Another idea: when you write "random": are you always using same client? Does the same happen when you do the same on a different client? If you don't see the same on a different client, your issue my be caused be a corrupted cache. This does rarely happen with 2013, but I saw it a few times in the past. In this case, deletion of that project from cache on affected client may help. 

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 7:50 AM
  • We have the 15.0.4569.1506, Service Pack 1 patch applied to our servers.

Would applying a newer patch potentially fix this issue? 

When I meant "Random" I was talking more about only my co-workers and we use different clients but it is very spotty. My publishes/save sometimes remove custom field values while my co-workers always remove on publish.

We have cleared our project server cache on our client before but it doesn't seem to help. Is there a specific way to clear it?

Thanks,

Jaskaran

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:56 PM
  • Hi,

when I look with your version number at the sites I provided, I see quite a few fixes related to Enterprise Custom Fields after your version. So I suggest to apply cumulative updates to client and server. I assume your issue will be solved afterwards.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, December 31, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hi,

Does this happen when you publish from PWA as well?

Once its been published and the value removed I assume you replace it. Does the value get removed when it is published again?

Will

Monday, January 4, 2016 3:25 PM