Hard disk usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have a win 7 installed on my laptop, after 6 months it would be too slow. when I checked task manager, I understood that disk usage is too high. I upgraded os to win 10 by clean installation. but after a week the previous problem occurred again.

I do check disk and no problem found. also I scan laptop with antivirus and there is no infection.

please help me to find problem and solve it

tks.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi mahdy-fr.

If you're talking about disk activity, run the Windows Resource Monitor and click the "Disk" tab to have an overview of all the processes who are performing disk activities: then you'll have the necessary information to decide how to proceed.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:15 PM
  • Since you have found out the disk usage is too high on task manager, so which process(es) use the lots of disk there?

If those process(es) is unnecessary, uninstall related apps and check again.

Also, Microsoft’s tool called Process Explorer can give you a clear list of all running process, it’s easy to find out which process take up the lots of disk usage.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

one more thing, when your antivirus periodically scan, disk usage will become very high

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:22 AM