Edit AutoComplete Names in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to edit the names the populate in the autocomplete list in Outlook 2016?  I know you can clear the list or delete individual entries but is there a way to edit the names?  
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try creating a contact for the autocomplete entries that you want to edit the names for, and then edit the Full name field to the name you want it to display when using autocomplete list. This worked in my environment (Outlook 365) when I tested it. You may also have a try with it. If that doesn't work, you may need to find some 3rd-party tool to achieve the goal.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that we can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:27 AM