configuring application target dir for multiple applications based on same subset RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering what would be THE way to go to achieve the following:
    (currently started with a 4.5 cu1 POC system)
    Sequence Office 2007 (no outlook), visio 2007 and Project 2007 (all versions SP2)
    in my MSP files I would set q:\off2K7.001 as application source root for all three as the common denominator is office 2007 right, that is they all share components.
    in the MSP files for visio and project I would not install any Office 2007 shared components, just application specific files and then link those two to the base Office2007.

again, it is not likely we are going to use the Office 2007 permanently in appv, this is merely a transitioning phase.
    please advice as to what the best practice would be.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

See this article;
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939796

My own tests have shown that installing Office (or any of the components mentioned in the article needed to be installed to same root-folder) to different root-folders and suiting them together will let the first loaded package fail.
    I can't remember exactly how I did the sequencing - but I gave up the attempts as the maintaince of settings was no fun at all.

I would create one big package

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, July 27, 2009 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:25 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:50 AM