none
Unix Attributes and AD Trust

Question

• Hello, I have a question about AD Trusts and how it works with Unix Attributes. I'll be setting up a one-way external trust with a domain from another forest that has users and groups with Unix Attributes.  The users and groups will be authenticating to services on Linux servers and I'd like to know if the Unix Attributes from the external domain will work and be visible to the services in my domain.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:25 PM

All replies

• Richard-

I expect you'll need a two-way trust to do this. Those attributes will need to be readable via LDAP from your Linux hosts. To do that search against the foreign domain, the Linux hosts will need to be able to authenticate to the other domain.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Thursday, February 2, 2017 12:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:37 AM