Customizing notification mail fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know how to customize incoming notification mail once the incident crated by a user via portal. My problem is with the default setting at the moment, im unable to see the main information (issue info which the user has been entered) in the mail and everytime have to check it via console.

And as a bonus question once upon a time my resolution timing was also in the mail with the correct calculation according to priority but somewhat i lost it too. Any idea how to bring it back?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:29 PM

Answers

• You should be able to use a workflow to manage this.

Create a different e-mail template which you can then associate with a workflow where an incident is created and the source is portal.

You can then add fields such as description and the like which all "property fields" available when creating the template.

I am assuming you are using scsm 2010.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.
    • Marked as answer by Bora Engin Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:07 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• You should be able to use a workflow to manage this.

Create a different e-mail template which you can then associate with a workflow where an incident is created and the source is portal.

You can then add fields such as description and the like which all "property fields" available when creating the template.

I am assuming you are using scsm 2010.

• Marked as answer by Bora Engin Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:07 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:37 AM
  • Fletcher,

Thanks for the answer, i solved half part of the issue with your help. I successfuly managed to add description and priority field but also want to add affected user name and resolveby fields.

My code is missing like:

Resolve By:$Context/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Resolveby$

Can you guide me to some resource to find all of this fields with correct name?

Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:06 AM
  • I use this for my resolved by piece of the template

Resolved By:
    $Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketResolvedByUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']/Property[Type='System!System.User']/FirstName$ $Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketResolvedByUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']/Property[Type='System!System.User']/LastName$

Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Fletcher,

Thank you for sharing your template, it will help me with a good start, then i may add a few html codes for a fancy view maybe.

Best Regards.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:15 AM
  • can do, we add html coding fro a closure e-mail, a link to our satisifaction survey :)
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:27 AM