Audio and Video Advice - Looking for some creative ideas for use in a Counseling session RRS feed

• General discussion

• Looking for some ideas for the following scenario for use in group counseling.  Have not had much luck with AV experts since this is not a normal setup for them. Appreciate any ideas. Im stuck at feeding all the various inputs into a computer to play via Skype for Business.

Part 1;

Camera in a room to observe group interactions.  

Camera should pick up room audio or should have separate audio

Part 2;

A counselor, in another room will need to be able to feed guidance to a leader in the room. That leader will wear a wireless earpiece. Preferably somewhat hidden so it doesn't draw constant attention.

Part 3;

All audio and video from room, the audio the counselor is feeding to leader will need to be fed into the Skype for Business session.

Part 4;

Another counselor(s) will be participating from another location via Skype for Business.  They obviously will need to hear and see all the activity as well as have the interaction with the counselor leading the session group.

Friday, July 15, 2016 12:29 PM

All replies

• Jim,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I know it is a pretty good solution for Lync room systems.

http://www.crestron.com/microsites/rl2-presentation-collaboration-conference-room-lync

As for feeding audio to someone in another meeting, I would setup a couple other PCs/private meeting, and use wireless ear pieces so the leader can be fed information.

-Don

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:16 PM
  • Apologies, I should have added the following.

The placement of the camera will be somewhat obscure so as to draw to much attention to it.  This might require a separate room microphone placed in ceiling.  

The counselor will guide the leader of the group session when needed via the earpieces the counselor wears, otherwise they (counselor) will observe via the video stream.  Again all this will feed to other counselors via SkypefB.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 2:04 AM