none
trying to get team planner to show more information RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to get team planner to show more information about the tasks? In calendar view, you can set the bars to display all sorts of information, but I can't seem to find the equivalent in Team planner. I want the bars to display, hours work and one custom field, as well as the task name.

On this subject, I'm sure I must be missing something, but project seems to have missed the point of breaking tasks down into manageable sections. For example, I have a project, say 'Build house', summary tasks might be 'build conservatory', 'build kitchen'. Each might have 'put in windows', the first task of which might be to get quotes. All that then appears in team planner, or any of the resource management views is the task name 'get quote', with no idea which summary task it belongs to. I have to write the correct summary task in a custom field for each task, surely this can't be the best way to do it?

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The good news is that the resouce usage view has a field called Task Summary Name, so no need for a custom field.

The bad news is that yes, you cannot modify the Team Planner view.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by isaacson33 Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The good news is that the resouce usage view has a field called Task Summary Name, so no need for a custom field.

The bad news is that yes, you cannot modify the Team Planner view.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by isaacson33 Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Found the column, thanks. Shame it's not available in team planner, but we can't have everything.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:55 PM