none
Tasks Scheduled for Friday Even Though It isn't a Working Day RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I changed the working week of my project to be Sunday-Thursday.

When I go to the "Resource Usage" view, I see that Friday is marked as a non-working day, but there are still tasks scheduled for it.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:14 PM

All replies

• Yelena_1,

How exactly did you change the working week? If you created a new calendar (recommended) for your Sunday through Thursday workweek, then you need to make that as the Project calendar (Project/Properties group/Project information/calendar). Unless you also did something with task calendars or resource calendars, they will track the Project calendar by default (e.g. the Task Calendar field for all tasks should read "none" and Base Calendar field on Resource Sheet).

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:02 PM
  • This could have happened if you changed calendars after assigning the resources based on existing project calendar (e.g. Standard Calendar); If this is the case then please refer to : http://ntrajkovski.com/2013/01/22/hw-to-apply-project-calendar-in-ms-project-2013/ it has steps how to fix it.

Sapna Shukla

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:07 PM
  • I agree with John.

How did you change the working week?

The best way is to make a copy of the standard calendar called "AA My Project Calendar", make the changes in the copy, then make the copy the project calendar in project information, and also make it the base calendar for the resources. Also, display the date and time in the date/time format in file, options and check the start date/time of the project in project information and especially the earliest task, mainly to make sure the project doesn't start on a Friday. And check any tasks which have any calendar other than "none" (ie which means they get the project calendar which is what you want). as John says.

Do not change the standard calendar. You will be needing it for other reasons later.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:30 AM
  • Thanks, you've been a great help!
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:32 PM
  • 20% discount Thanks, you've been a great help!
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:33 PM
  • Yelena_1

20% discount???

John

Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:30 PM
  • Sorry, I'm not sure where the "20% discount" came from.
    Sunday, February 28, 2016 1:59 PM