none
Transport Rules for Distribution group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to restrict emails sent to a group from external domain;I tried it with transport rule but there is no rule saying distribution list; there is receipient address; or members of distribution group;

ANYUSERS@domain.com wants to send email to a group on group@mydomain.com ; I want to restrict all these user from sending email to this group only; but they can send email to any person directly. transport rule is not working n this case.,

any one know how to handle this ?

Using Exchange 2010 with cluster no edge server

Thanks a bunch.

• Edited by S-F1 Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:13 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

You can block a group from receiving any external email by ticking "Require that all senders are authenticated" - Mail Flow Settings Tab -> Message Delivery Restrictions.

Steve

Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:24 PM
  • it will block all the external emails i want only one domain can send email to my group by others should be denied.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:35 PM
  • you will have to try 11/12/24/28 and get this right. - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638183.aspx HUB Pedicates

Then maybe drop that message.

Sukh

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:18 PM
  • Hello,

If the transport rule can't work, there should not be a good way.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:59 AM
  • I have configured this as

where ANY of the receipient is in TO or CC "mygroup@mydomain.com" and from address matches "@DeniedDomain.com" this is working fine

but if some one sends to keeping my group address as BCC it will reach the members of the groups :(

any ideas???

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:27 PM
  • create another rule where it says Bcc:

Sukh

Friday, February 10, 2012 7:51 PM
  • THere is no such condition "BCC".

Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:54 AM
  • You will have to create a rule which checks the message header.

Sukh

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:40 PM