none
Project Server 2010 New AD User Resources not updating for Resource managers??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone , Project Server 2010 Latest CU up to date, I have added 3 new AD users and given them access to Project, All AD users go to the project users group and that syncs with AD, Users with All privileges can see and add and use the 3 new AD users ,my resource managers group cannot see or add these 3 new users on the list, any idea what's wrong and how to fix it? basically since the initial install and setup anyone user added after that is not seen by resource managers......Thank All in advance .....

Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer

Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:17 PM

Answers

• It sounds definitely configuration of security you've applied. One thing is as GMcH said, second is check your Resource Managers group have My Resource Category assigned and that also with Assign Resource permission checked.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by JackKLD Friday, May 3, 2013 6:41 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 10:13 AM

All replies

• First question is - how you are associating resources (newly added AD resources) with existing Resource Managers? A common method is to use the RBS and apply this for selection in the My Resources security category. If this is the case, how do you make sure that the new resources synchronized from AD have the correct RBS assigned?
    Friday, March 15, 2013 3:03 AM
  • It sounds definitely configuration of security you've applied. One thing is as GMcH said, second is check your Resource Managers group have My Resource Category assigned and that also with Assign Resource permission checked.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by JackKLD Friday, May 3, 2013 6:41 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 10:13 AM