calendar behavior has been changed RRS feed

• Question

• previously, if the event organizer cancels the meeting, it was deleted from all participants. Now it is simply marked "cancelled". How can we get back the deletion of a cancelled appointment [without enabling auto-accept]?

Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Anahaym,

The behaviour you described couldn't be achieved unless there used to be an Outlook GPO set. Normally, the attendees have to delete the canceled meetings manually.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:57 AM

All replies

• previously, if the event organizer cancels the meeting, it was deleted from all participants. Now it is simply marked "cancelled". How can we get back the deletion of a cancelled appointment [without enabling auto-accept]?

Thank you in advance!

Previously when? Thats the way it works. When a user gets the cancellation update, they need to respond to it.

In Outlook there is an option under options/Calendar / Resource Scheduling ( Automatic Accept or Decline)   that allows this, but thats not the default.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Previously when? 

a month ago

When a user gets the cancellation update, they need to respond to it.

what to respond? "I accept canceled appointment"? It never happened.

In Outlook there is an option...
    [without enabling auto-accept]
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Sorry, I have never seen it work that way. Typically the attendee gets the cancellation notice and then they click the "Remove from calendar" button. 

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:42 PM
  • I have already two colleagues who has complained they have many canceled appointments in the Calendars. So, it means previously everything was ok. It was working 100% 18.11 when I was performing some test with a calendar.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Hi Anahaym,

Based on my test, if the organizer cancels the meeting request, the meeting will show as canceled on the attendee's calendar. It is a normal behavior. If you want to remove it, you have to right click and delete it manually.

However, the meeting will disappear from the organizer's calendar automatically. If you want the canceled meeting to be removed automatically from the attendee's calendar, you may need some VBA code which you can find in the developer forum.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:56 AM
  • the meeting will show as canceled on the attendee's calendar. It is a normal behavior.

Sorry, it can't be a normal behavior because a few people in our company have already complained, that they didn't have this problem previously. And I tested it three weeks ago - the canceled meeting was deleted from my outlook when the organizer canceled it.

Just imagine, we have a top-manager, his assistant manages his calendar, creating and canceling appointments every day. And then one day the top-manager complains: why do I have the canceled meetings?

Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:13 AM
  • the meeting will show as canceled on the attendee's calendar. It is a normal behavior.

Sorry, it can't be a normal behavior because a few people in our company have already complained, that they didn't have this problem previously. And I tested it three weeks ago - the canceled meeting was deleted from my outlook when the organizer canceled it.

Just imagine, we have a top-manager, his assistant manages his calendar, creating and canceling appointments every day. And then one day the top-manager complains: why do I have the canceled meetings?

Sorry, cant explain why it wasnt working for you that way before unless someone set an Outlook GPO or something that has changed something. All I know is that the way you are seeing it work now is the way I have seen outlook work for years across many versions.
    Friday, December 13, 2019 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?
    If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hello Beverly Gao,

it still doesn't work as it was working a month ago.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi Anahaym,

The behaviour you described couldn't be achieved unless there used to be an Outlook GPO set. Normally, the attendees have to delete the canceled meetings manually.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Normally, the attendees have to delete the canceled meetings manually.

My users can't believe that... They was using this without any GPOs. That's why I started this conversation.
    Friday, December 20, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi Anahaym,

It's hard to tell why your outlook behavior is such before if you didn't have "Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings" ticked.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:46 AM
  • I know it is hard... But it was as it was.

Merry Christmas

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Merry Christmas.
    Monday, December 30, 2019 9:33 AM