SBS Cross Forest Migration Connectors RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on an email migration from SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) to Excahnge 2016. We are using a third party tool to cut out the 2nd hop and go straight to Exchange 2016. This will be a cross-forest migration and there will be no domain trust (since SBS won't allow them).

The Exchange 2007 should continue to receive the email until the migration is complete and the clients are all migrated to the new domain. The intent is to migrate all the email in the background, cutover all users to the new Exchange server, then change the DNS settings and firewall forwarding rules to the new Exchange server on the day of the cutover.

I am having a hard time figuring out what the send/receive connectors should look like to have mail flow between the old internal domain (old.local) and the new internal domain (ad.new.org) during the migration.

Any suggestions?

• Edited by bhimel Monday, February 26, 2018 9:32 PM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Bhimel,

Per my knowledge, since these are two different domains, it should look like mail flow between inside and outside, you just make sure the internet mail flow works as expect in each domain, that would be ok.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, March 5, 2018 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi bhimel,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:40 AM