Application error when attempting to open games through Game Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to open any of the games visible in Game Explorer I get the following error message; "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."

Going into the start menu - all programs - games works, but not through the Game Explorer interface. Anyone else that has encountered this problem, and any possible solutions?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:49 AM

Answers

• I have had this error aswell. It is caused by the tweak that removes the shortcut arrow.

The easiest way to fix it without having to fiddle with the registry is to download an app called "fxvisor" from frameworkx.com.

This enables you to switch the shortcut arrow on or off very simply.

When installed run app and click arrow on and the games folder works as it should.

The choice is yours, ugly arrow or working games folder.

Hope this info helps.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:27 PM

All replies

• i have the same problem. i even tried reinstalling them in control panel.

no difference

any suggestions welcome

Friday, February 9, 2007 7:41 AM
  • This happened to me after performing  "the remove shortcut arrow tweak" in [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile].
    i dont know about you guys, but it worked after restoring the tweak.

Hope this helps.

Friday, February 9, 2007 9:54 AM
  • wow, worked for me

thanks! (just got a not so nice desktop now :(     )

Friday, February 9, 2007 10:03 PM
  • I have had this error aswell. It is caused by the tweak that removes the shortcut arrow.

The easiest way to fix it without having to fiddle with the registry is to download an app called "fxvisor" from frameworkx.com.

This enables you to switch the shortcut arrow on or off very simply.

When installed run app and click arrow on and the games folder works as it should.

The choice is yours, ugly arrow or working games folder.

Hope this info helps.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:27 PM
  • I had actually used FcVisor to remove the shortcut arrow as I find it annoying. Given the choice between the shortcut arrow or a working games folder i chose the latter. So thanks to simong2003 and neverthebrightlights for pointing this out.

Now the challenge is for someone to find out how to remove the shortcut arrow withouth disrupting the games folder.

Monday, February 12, 2007 8:23 PM